Hot topics and features
- Over half the UK at risk of being declined a loanA couple of surveys have concluded a significant proportion of the adult population in the UK is at risk from being denied access to mainstream credit.
- Short term lending rates to be capped by regulatorThe government has announced it is going to impose a cap on the interest rates which can be levied by short term lenders.
- How to improve your credit ratingThere are a few simple ways which could boost your chances of being accepted by a lender when it comes to borrowing money. Read our lowdown on what to do to improve your rating.
- Loans more difficult to obtain following credit crunchFollowing the global credit crunch, experts have warned borrowers face tougher checks and potentially higher interest rates when applying for loans.
- Turned down for a loan because of a poor credit ratingLenders can refuse to provide credit for many reasons, quite often people are turned down for a loan because of their low credit score.
- It's vital to check your credit report periodicallyWhat happens when credit reference agencies get it wrong? Mistakes do happen, so it is essential that you get hold of your credit report to check for any errors or omissions.
- Getting a loan for a wedding when you have bad creditYour big day can come with a hefy price tag and some couples consider taking out a loan to cover all or some of the cost. There are ways in which you can reduce your spend without compromising your day.
- Loans for young adults and people with no credit historyYoung people typically have meager or no credit history at all which inevitably results in an underwhelming credit score as far as many lenders are concerned. Even so, some providers are more accommodating.